ADA Compliance Hood
LOC's ADA Fume Hood is designed to meet the unique needs of wheelchair operators. The ADA Fume Hood delivers all the features and capabilities of our standard Fume Hood line with special accommodations built in to meet the specific requirements needed to provide a safe work site for wheelchair operators.
- Provides a safe and comfortable work area for a wheelchair bound person.
- Sash is extended height to provide a practical work station for a standing individual.
- Full framed combination horizontal / vertical sliding sash on a dual track for easy access.
- Sash is 7/32" laminated safety glass with full width flush PVC pull and includes a spring loaded sash stop.
- Includes audible LOC500 airflow monitor for safety.
- Counterweight provides a one finger sash operation.
- Hood entrance is framed with inward-angled members to minimize turbulence and provide smooth air movement in hood at face velocities ranging from 60 to 150 FPM.
- Stainless steel airfoil allows 1" of airflow across the work surface when sash is in the closed position.
- Double wall construction for ease of routing plumbing/ electrical lines.
- Standard "Resin-Chem" interior liner with removable access panels on both sides.
- Removable exterior side panels.
- Lights are mounted above a sealed safety glass panel keeping corrosive fumes and hazardous vapors isolated.
- Tube lights can easily be replaced through the top.
- LOC offers an optional sash with a split viewing panel; secondary containment trough / airfoil; remote adjustable baffle; and baffle screen
- Any or all of these options can be incorporated to meet specific needs or HOPEC requirements
The static pressures listed above are for the hoods only. An appropriate amount will need to be added to this figure to compensate for the pressure drop through the duct system. The total pressure drop through the hood and the duct system must be known to select the proper exhaust blower.