Perchloric Acid Hood
LOC’s Perchloric Acid Fume Hoods are specifically designed for the use of perchloric acid. A coved stainless steel liner with integral work surface, an internal water wash down system and water collection trough provide for detailed cleaning of the hood interior. In addition, the interior baffles are also removable for cleaning to prevent the dangerous build-up of perchlorates.
- Interior liner and baffles are type 316 stainless steel.
- Type 316 stainless steel sash frame with full width flush pull.
- Wash down spray bar located behind the upper baffle for continuous cleaning behind the baffles.
- Integral type 316 stainless steel work surface also includes a full width trough located below the lower baffle to collect wash down water from both the hood and ductwork.
- Equipped with a full view sash providing an unobstructed view of the hood interior.
- Sash is 7/32" laminated safety glass with full width flush pull and includes a spring loaded sash stop.
- Counterweight provides a one finger sash operation.
- Hood entrance is framed with inward-angled members to minimize turbulence and provide smooth air movement in hood at face velocities ranging from 60 to 150 FPM.
- Stainless steel airfoil allows 1" of airflow across the work surface when sash is in the closed position.
- Double wall construction for ease of routing plumbing/ electrical lines.
- Removable exterior side panels.
- Lights are mounted above a sealed safety glass panel keeping corrosive fumes and hazardous vapors isolated.
- Tube lights can easily be replaced through the top front.
- A variety of optional service fixtures are available from LOC Scientific.
- The location of the fixtures must be specified for accurate cutting of the mounting holes located in the fume hood liner.
The static pressures listed above are for the hoods only. An appropriate amount will need to be added to this figure to compensate for the pressure drop through the duct system. The total pressure drop through the hood and the duct system must be known to select the proper exhaust blower.